Friday, September 20, 2013

These past couple weeks has felt like a series of people coming and going, which has been hard. Israel is a unique place. Some people may come for vacation, but many stay for several months doing post-grad or study abroad programs. My roommate Tamara was here for a couple months, and left last week. It's not the same coming home every day and not having her here. I have other good friends on vacation right now, or back in the army for a couple weeks. It's been the high holidays (Rosh HaShana, Yom Kippur) so things have felt a little slow around here. In the states we say the "High holidays." Here one of my Israeli friends got extremely offended when I referred to Yom Kippur as a "holiday." She said holiday sounds like a celebration. This is not. All stores shut under law, and no cars are seen on the road. I guess in the states we refer to days like Veteran's day as a "holiday." But i see her point.
Tamara's last night in IZ.. for a while :( 

Me and my friend Alisa roaming around Tel Aviv



















I've dated a couple people since I've been to Tel Aviv. If you even need a confidence boost, come to Tel Aviv. The men are ANIMALS. seriously. They lurk high and low, and come from every direction. K that might have been a bit of an exaggeration. But if things don't work out, it's not that it just didn't work out, you've also lost a companion, which sucks. Especially when you're still settling in and making new friends.

I have been fortunate to meet some really great people since I've been here. For example, my friends Dror and Moshe (here's your shoutout boys). We met one night at a pub, and since then we're like the three musketeers. Ha okay jk. we've hung out like twice. But I always have fun with them. Moshe's friends call him "Moses" cuz they think it sounds more hip and modern than "Moshe" ... hilarious.

Just got back from the shook (crazy outdoor market). Came across this dude who looked like Bill Cosby but from the Matrix. I asked him where he was from because he was speaking in English. He looked at me. Kinda creepy and said "I'm from the LIGHT." Then he tried paying the cashier in all small change (like the equivalent of dimes). The cashier dude looked at him and straight up was like, "NO." That's when I left.

Ok this video isn't too exciting but I finally got a vine. For some reason it's playing like a vine on crack?



Confession of the week: I eat fried food from the shook at least once a week. It's my guilty pleasure. I walk in with no shame and fill up this giant plastic box with fried kosher goodness. Some may think that's gross.. but hey. A girls gotta keep her curves ;).



No comments:

Post a Comment